Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Consumed With Empathy

Empathy: (noun) The intellectual identification with or vicarious experiencing of the feelings, thoughts, or attitudes of another.

Is it so wrong to want to help a troubled soul when you know they're hurting? I can't help but care about people. That's just how I've always been. I'm always wanting to help someone, even if I don't know that person very well, or at all. I'm extremely observant & I see things differently than most people do. I analyze everything because I believe that everything happens for a reason. When someone's acting a certain way or saying something, its always for a reason. Most of the time that reason is hidden because people are masking their feelings. But in general I'm pretty good at figuring people out.
I feel as if I would be able to help more people if I wasn't so shy. & I have a really hard time talking to people that I don't usually talk to. Its like deep down inside I want to reach out, but I just cant. Its like I cant conquer my own fear to help others. But I'm going to try to overcome that, because all I really want to do is be of help to people who need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment